Saturday, May 22, 2010

A blast from the recent-past...

Here are a few (just a paltry few of the very many) of Dynamite's Sonja covers that deserve a mention...

Red Sonja, She-devil with a sword issue 13 Joe Linsner cover:


Red Sonja, She-devil with a sword issue 30 Alex Ross cover:


Savage Tales issue 6 Art Suydam cover:


Savage Tales issue 7 Art Suydam cover:


Sonja looks an awful lot like Angelina Jolie in that last cover...

Why am I mentioning these covers now, when it has been so long since they were published? Well, I was up looking for other comics that I appear to have missed random issues from in the past few months and I came across these issues as I went through box after box of disordered comics.

Savage Tales was a cool book (Sonja, Hercules, Atlantis - all kinds of weirdness). I'm bummed that it died after only 10 issues.

4 comments:

  1. Joe Lisner's rendition is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Linsner Conan and Sonja covers....and pretty much everything else he does. They guy has some serious skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tattoo ideas!
    haha
    Happy Geek Pride Day
    Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never liked Lindsers work...too mannequinesque. IMHO

    ReplyDelete